Sanctuary of Sant'Antonio di Padova, Paolotti

In 1518 a small temple was built to St Anthony in the ancient forum of Rimini (now Piazza Tre Martiri) the site where, according to tradition, the miracle of the mule took place.

Having been renovated several times (the last after the earthquake in 1672), the small temple still exists and stands in front of the church called dei Paolotti (the Friars Minor of St Francis of Paola).
In the apse of the current church, renovated after the last war, the two miracles of the saint that took place in Rimini are illustrated in two large frescoes by students of Achille Funi (1972).

 

SCHEDULE

Opening period: open all year round
Entrance: free Winter opening hours
from 07:00 to 12:30
from 16:00 to 19:00 Bank holidays
from 07:00 to 12:30
from 16:00 to 19:00 Summer opening hours
from 08:00 to 12:30
from 16:30 to 20:00 Bank holidays
from 08:00 to 12:30
from 16:30 to 20:00  

INFO

Contact details Phone: (+39) 0541 24761 - Phone fax: (+39) 0541 23340 minimipaolotti@libero.it -

ADDRESS

Via Antonio Battarra, 10
47921 Rimini RN