The church probably dates from the twelfth century and was built reutilizing material from the Roman period, this is evident in the fragments of relief work with a leafy motif on the façade, the Roman cippus with inscriptions, and the area scraped to reveal a memoir dated 1318 regarding the painter Rainaldo.
The Parish church was constructed in part with bricks and in part using blocks of stone. Inside there is an elegant apse, a single nave, and simple decoration.
Along the inside walls and at the main alter there are four exquisite Romanesque capitals.
Outside the church a large, badly damaged Roman capital serves as a pedestal for a cross. On the alter there is a statue of San Salvatore, the work of Cesare Ferronato.
It seems the Parish church was built on the ruins of a pagan temple dedicated to Ceres.
Of particular interest is a mutilated plaque with Gothic characters - from the 14th century - located on the north facing outer wall of the church.