Malatesta Temple

Malatesta Temple

Malatesta Temple

Malatesta Temple

The Malatesta Temple, Cathedral of the diocese since 1809, is a famous example of Renaissance architecture and maybe the most illustrious monument of Rimini. It was built by Leon Battista Alberti as a precious marble casket around the gothic church of St. Francis.

The work, wanted by Sigismondo Malatesta, Lord of Rimini, started in 1446 and ended in 1460, though uncompleted. Recently, the church has been thoroughly restored. Inside, it keeps a Crucifixion by Giotto, a fresco by Piero della Francesca, bas-reliefs and sculptures by Agostino di Duccio, and a painting by Giorgio Vasari. 

 

SCHEDULE

Opening period: open all year round
Entrance: free Timetable
from 08:30 to 12:00
from 15:30 to 18:30 Saturday
from 08:30 to 12:30
from 15:30 to 19:00 Sunday
from 09:00 to 12:30
from 15:30 to 18:30  

INFO

accessible to disabled guests
Phone: (+39) 0541 51130  - diocesi@diocesi.rimini.it -

ADDRESS

Via IV Novembre, 35 
RIMINI

HOW TO GET

How to get to the city center:
by car: Motorway A14 "Rimini Sud" Exit; straight ahead direction Rimini centro for about 3 km.
by train: from the railway station straight ahead (v.le Dante)
by air: bus n.9 - bus stop Arco d' Augusto or Railway Station