Arengo Palace

Construction work on this embattled Romanesque-Gothic building began in 1204 under the Podestà Mario dé Carbonesi, as a place where people could hold assemblies and meetings. It underwent renovation and restoration work in 1562, 1672 and from 1919 to 1923. In the portico below the building, where notaries once placed their desks and justice was administered, is the large stone on which insolvent debtors were condemned to slap their naked buttocks three times as punishment. 


 

INFO

Point of interest not accessible

ADDRESS

Via Gambalunga, 27
47921 RIMINI

HOW TO GET

by car: Motorway A14 "Rimini Sud" Exit; straight ahead direction Rimini centro for about 3 km.  by train: from the railway station straight ahead (v.le Dante)