The complex was built in 1418 with a donation made by Carlo Malatesta, ruler of Rimini from 1385 to 1429, who had a country residence in the vicinity. The church and monastery were entrusted to the Augustinians of St Paul the First Martyr of Hungary, inexplicably recalled to Hungary in 1420. Carlo then assigned the complex to the Benedictines of Mount Oliveto Maggiore, who owned the abbey and its estates until 1797, when they were expelled during the Napoleonic suppressions.
Via Covignano, 257
San Fortunato di Rimini